Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Barbie Dolls Fate

 

The poem opens up by illustrating a typical “picture perfect” cultural birth and early childhood. The author vividly describes how the child was shown how culture views itself by relating it to a perfect minature dollhouse environment. The author then shows the transition phase where Barbie’s style of life clashes with the surrounding culture. I believe that the initial event is what sparked the cause in this story. The author starts off by showing this when she relates this through the main character getting made fun of for her big nose and fat legs. Continuing into the story, the author then breaks down the main character’s physical and mental traits to try to justify the reason why society is rejecting this “perfect” child.like the role of the Barbie doll in the story. I differ in the theme of self-esteem in the fact that my high level of self-esteem got me out of my conflict with culture. The author tries to explain to the reader that people come into many conflicts with culture in life, and everyone’s personal attributes play a key role in the way people deal with their problems, and find their happiness and fulfillment in life.

Finally, in the end when she was buried, the under-taker made her look like she wanted to, which was entirely culture influenced. It was the same ideas that caused her to make her final decision. I believe that everyone works towards their own goals which gives them happiness and fulfillment in their life. I can relate to this story when I was going.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment