Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A TRAIN JOURNEY

During the last school holidays, I went to Muar by train. It was my first trip by train so I was very excited. I found the journey very interesting. The train moved faster than I expected. I was lucky to get the window seat so I could appreciate the beauty of the landscape. There were green valleys and tropical plants. We passed a few oil palm and rubber plantations. I saw houses with large vegetable gardens.
          Since the journey was quite long, some of the passengers, especially the children, became quite restless. They moved around the carriages and talked to people. Others slept or read magazines and newspapers. The train conductor passed by many times. At every station, a few passengers alighted and a few others boarded. People on the platform waved their hands in greeting or farewell.
          I had decided that I would stay awake and savour every moment of the journey. However, after some time my eyelids grew heavy and I finally fell asleep. By the time I opened my eyes, it was already quite near my destination. I could see the platform and people waiting to greet their loved ones. My enjoyable journey was over. I stepped off the train into the welcoming arms of my aunt and uncle. I knew that no matter how many train journeys I take in the future, this would always be special because it was my first.

No comments:

Post a Comment